- To monitor, forewarn and control locust in Scheduled Desert Area (SDA) being International obligation and commitment.
- To conduct research on locust and grasshoppers.
- Liaison and coordination with National and International Organizations.
- Human resource development through training and demonstration for staff of Locust Warning Organization (LWO), State officials, BSF personnel and Farmers.
- To maintain control potential to combat locust emergency by organizing locust control campaign.
However, the main objective of Locust Warning Organisation (LWO) is protection of standing crops and other green vegetation from the ravages of Desert locust which is one of the most dangerous pests occurring in desert areas throughout the world.