- To conduct research study on various aspects of biology, ecology and behavior of Locusts and Grasshoppers.
- To study and evaluate the different chemical and biological pesticides against Locusts and Grasshoppers in Laboratory and field conditions.
- To evaluate and evolve new techniques for the control and monitoring of Locusts and grasshoppers.
This station contributed/ published 158 scientific research papers on various aspects of Locusts and Grasshoppers in different scientific journals of national and International repute.
International Cooperation programmes
- To participate in the meetings/ sessions of the FAO’s Desert Locust Control Committee.
- To participate and organize the meetings/sessions of FAO’s Commission for Controlling Desert Locust in South West Asia.
- To participate in Joint Survey Programmes with Pakistan and Iran organized by FAO.
Desert Locust Bulletin:
Desert Locust Bulletins (DLBs) are being issued at fortnightly intervals every year to all concerned at National and International level to apprise them of the latest situation of Desert
locust in India.
Indo-Pak Border Meeting:
Indo-Pak border meetings between the Locust officers of India and Pakistan are held every year (June to November) either at Munabao (India side) and or at Khokhropar (Pakistan side) for exchanging information on locust situation of both the countries.